Situated in the heart of the Mediterranean
Apulia has been a bridge to the Orient since the dawn of time. Given this very central position, it was a crossroad among different cultures and civilizations, becoming a crucial spot for the Italians as well as the whole Mediterranean history.
Ideally located between Bari and Brindisi airports
, both about 60 km away, Don Ferrante
constitutes the perfect base to discover this rich and interesting Region.
Some of the main sights are:
- The spectacular caves of Castellana
- The picturesque old town of Polignano a Mare perched over the sea
- The fairytale like Unesco site of Alberobello with its characteristic white-washed conical-roofed houses
- The mysterious Castel del Monte (Unesco site) build by the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II around 1240
- The white and elegant city of Ostuni
- Bari, with its St Nicholas's Basilica and the Cathedral that are among southern Italy's most beautiful churches
- Lecce, Apulia's baroque masterpiece
- Grottaglie and its Pottery district